– 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– Salt and white pepper, to taste
– 2 medium eggs
– 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
– 1 cup puffed rice cereal
– ¾ cup corn flak cereal
– ¼ cup all-purpose flour
– 2 to 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
– In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and mustard together.
– In a separate medium bowl, crush the rice cereal and corn cereal into very small crumbs.
– Place flour in separate medium bowl. Dip each shrimp into the flour, then the egg/mustard mixture, then the cereal mixture. Set aside on a large plate until ready to fry.
– Pour 1 to 2 inches of vegetable oil into a deep pot and heat to 350°F, as measured by a deep fat frying thermometer. Fry the shrimp in batches for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.